Saturday, August 23, 2008

music makers

I got called as the enrichment leader...I guess I needed an excuse to start music makers up here too. My sister and I are trying to get a bunch of info and hopefully printouts on http://musicmakersforkids.blogspot.com . Check it out. And if any of you Kaysville 2nd ward people have docs on your computer - email them to me, and I'll get them up. Paul found a finger puppet in my church bag today, he put it on his finger and then sang, "la, la, la". It was so cute and made me excited for it all again!


Music Makers

2006

Mondays 10:00am-11:00pm



Introduction

Welcome:

(5-10 min)/ Nursery Room

*Hello Song

*What do we do when we come to sing?

*La La Song (with puppets)

*Finger Plays


Singing Time:

(7-10 min)/ Primary room

*songs related to theme


Marching and Movement:

(7-10 min)/ gym, hallway, foyer

*March and play instruments

*Movement songs

*Rhythm activities

*Dancing

*Activities that get the kids moving or listening to music

(i.e. Hokey Pokey, Chicken dance, bubbles, etc.)


Story Time:

(5-10 min)/ Nursery Room, outside

*Sit in circle and listen to story related to theme

*Goodbye song


Themes:

January Animals

February Love/Family

March Weather

April Insects or Spring/Easter

May Food

June/July/August No music makers

September Careers

October Fall/Halloween

November Fall/Thanksgiving

December Christmas


Please remember to have your child bring a puppet for the La La Song!

Questions? Call


3 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for posting all this Music makers stuff. I know you didn't do it for me, but I wanted to try to start one in my new ward, and I think this will really help. How are you guys? We have been SO busy. So busy infact that I discovered I can't do everything. On Thursday I final worked my self sick and have been in bed ever since.

Jodi said...

Hey Kathleen! You will be so proud to know that we are starting music makers in my new neighborhood this year. I am so sad not to see the old group each week. It will be a fun new adventure. I need to get your email! Have fun!-Jodi

Wendy A. Jones said...

I want to be in your ward!