Sunday, February 15, 2009

valentine vacation

The kids had friday off of school, so Chris took it off work and we went on a little valentine vacation. I packed up the van with the gear for our weekend. We told the kids we were taking them out to dinner. After dinner we drove towards the ferry, at one point they both agreed that we weren't driving towards home. It wasn't until we were paying for our ferry pass that they said, "what, where are we going?" It was so fun to surprise them with a little get a way. We stayed in Cama Beach state park. They have waterfront cabins for only $17/night (that's winter rates). It was so much fun to get away with our little family...before it grows by one! Here's some pics from the trip...

valentine huggable heart pillows...got this idea from crafty crow...they loved them!

This pic surprised me when I uploaded it. Check it out, Paul is pointing right at his dad...:) crazy, huh.

I had to do this, don't worry, he's actually in the boat house (see below). This kid may grow up to be a ship captain, or maybe just a pro wake boarder:). He loves boats and water!

the end

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun. And I love the pointing Paul shot.

Wendy

Matt and Dionne said...

You guys are always coming up with fun things to do!!! Your family reminds me a lot of mine when I was growing up. I have so many fun, fun memories with my family! It's wonderful that you are doing the same for your kids!