Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day

I'm so lucky to be the mother to these 4 little people. Each of them has such a unique personality and brings a lot of joy to Chris & I.

Here's a good example, Everett said let's do something cool for this shot...this is what we got (apparently only he and Anna know what cool means)

the biggest surprise on mother's day was when I woke up and smelled something yummy in the oven. Earlier in the week I had come across this recipe for an apple strudel. I emailed it to Chris as a joke with the message, "this would be good for mother's day breakfast". I thought he knew I was joking, I mean, the recipe had 3 different components, the apple mixture (yes, he pealed and sliced 3 apples), the pastry layer (he used 2 knives to cut the butter in) and homemade frosting. He's only made mac & cheese, pizza, and nachos for the kids in the past. But he thought my email suggestion was for real. He said I thought you thought I could make it:). So he did. And it was GOOD! Thanks honey! Oh, and church was at 9am...extra impressive, huh!


me with my 4

and I'm so grateful for all the mom's in my life...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story! Maybe I should try it . . .

Happy Mother's Day to you! You are such a great mom.

Love,
Wendy

Jenny said...

What adorable kids! And you look great. I love your hair!

Andrew and Marie Harris said...

Wow, I love your hair. It is so long and I love the color and curls! Your family is so cute!

♥jada said...

Beautiful pictures! You have such cute kids. And I also am loving the hair! I think it is great Chris made that breakfast for you. I am most definitely going to try that next year. :)

Kenton Anderson said...

As am I, dropping not so subtle hints is appreciated sometimes, I think. I agree with you looking beautiful! All of the kidos are super cute too.

Matt and Dionne said...

Wow! Breakfast was impressive!!! I'm so glad you had such a great day! You deserved it for sure=) Paul looks so grown up in these pics! ...and Ian's head still looks small to me!!! ;)