Saturday, March 28, 2009

still waiting


I had a Dr visit on Thursday...ZERO. 0% effaced and 0 centimeters dilated...ZERO.

I couldn't believe it! I'm usually at a 2 and 60-80% effaced at 37-38 weeks, so I was shocked. Well double shocked because I've also never had so many labor pains as I've had with this one. Last night I was up with hard contractions for 3 hours. But nothing consistent enough to make the run in. Instead I cleaned my kitchen (at 4am) and took a hot bath. Wow, these last weeks are so fun...Anyways, the Dr didn't want to risk inducing with the zero thing, so we're still waiting...



So (to keep busy) this morning I sewed a new blanket for the boy (yep, still no name). Chris' sister Kellie had a few of these blankets with Amy Butler fabrics on front. I loved them, and found one store here that sells her fabrics. I was so excited! Plus I made it for about half of what I'd pay for one on etsy (plus it has all my love {imperfections} in it!). And I had exactly enough left over fabric to make a cute little matching burp cloth...can't wait till I have a baby to swaddle and burp!!
We also made some yummy spring-time cookies...

{I've always wanted to take a picture of some food I've made...weird I know}

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, I am so sorry! That is so frustrating. Labor will go very fast, because you've already done all the work! Very cute blanket!!

Laura said...

Sorry you are still waiting. I remember having to "just wait" 10 days with Logan before they finally induced me. Good luck! I love the blanket. I have been checking your blog hoping to hear he is here.

Anonymous said...

Ty and Amber are in the same boat--waiting. Her due date was Monday. Anyway, the blanket and burp cloth are cute and I'm suddenly craving sugar cookies. (That means your food photo was effective.)

Good luck!

wendy

Kenton Anderson said...

He is here. Arrived Sunday morning at 3:35 am. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 5 oz. and 21.3 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing well. They will post tonight after siblings meet their little brother.

Tiffani said...

Teach me teach me! That blanket is adorable? You need to share where you got that awesome fabric. And yummy cookies too.