Sunday, February 14, 2010

flash forward

Something about this photo made my mind flash forward 6 years (I don't know why I thought 6 years in the future, I just did). I could almost picture these 4 sitting around this same table gobbling down their breakfast. In 6 years Everett will be 14, old enough to go to youth dances, weird. Anna 12, a little beehive, (hopefully) super eager to babysit. Paul will be 9, in 3rd grade just like Everett. And Ian will be almost 7, like Anna, in first grade...my baby in 1st grade! I think the years will fly by. I think I'll miss the booster seat and the baby spoons. (not the diapers)

I love my kids.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

I love that post. You're so great Kathleen. What a good example you are to me. And it's so true, I think that we will miss those baby spoons and booster seats. So fun to think about the future like that - it will get here before we know it.

Anonymous said...

I love this picture, and I love your perspective. Heck, I just love you! Thanks for sharing.

Cami said...

Oh this gave me goosebumps. I think the same things sometimes. It makes me happy and sad that my boys are growing up. Amazing to think where we will be in 6 years too! Yikes!