Thursday, January 15, 2009

we're having a....

BOY!!!!
yep another crazy brother... I wonder which one he will take after?
(those are cherry tomatoes!)
I have to admit, I was a bit surprised. Anna has been wishing so hard for a sister I'd almost forgot a boy was an option. And when I went to buy the first boy thing (which I always do on ultrasound day) I was a little sad I couldn't buy something pink. Girl stuff is just way cuter than boy stuff. But I love my boys, just check out those pics, who wouldn't? It will especially be fun to see Paul and his little bro grow up together so close in age. Sports and scouts and missions, it will be fun. And Anna is being a pretty good sport about it all, she said, "oh well, at least he'll be tiny and cute." (I hope she's right on the tiny part, his head is already measuring 32 weeks!)
Sorry no ultrasound pic, he is kind of big (he is 29 weeks along), so none of them really turned out. But he wasn't shy to show off his stuff...he is definitely a boy!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! We are so happy for you. That is exactly how I felt when we found out Max was a boy. Anna seems to have a better attitude about it than Karlee did! They will have to stick together with all these boys!

Godin Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Jodi said...

Yipee! For you! It will be so fun to have two brothers so close. Also, you'll save a bundle avoiding all of the cute outfits, bows, and jewelry.:) I guess it is also a little sad that you won't get to buy the cute outfits, bows and jewelry.:(. You'll love the cute guy no matter what!

Laura said...

Congrats! I feel your disappointment about the girl thing. All the kids want the net baby to be a girl and I think Emma would be very disappointed. Not that we are expecting yet. I am sure it will be great for Paul and his baby bother. Alan and Logan are becoming such cute buddies. I am sure it will be the same for Paul. Hey random, but Alan was singing a song about Baby Paul the other day. I guess Paul isn't a baby anymore.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (I thought you'd already had an ultrasound and knew it was a girl . . . where did that come from?) Boys are fun. And no matter what, you know this baby is special because he's been blessed enough to get you and Chris as parents.

Love,
Wendy

Kellie and Justin said...

i can already see it now- luci being ganged up on by wes, paul, and thompson boy number 3!! i think she will learn to hold her own, she lready has to with wes around...
any names yet?
congrats, and way to be a good sport, Anna.

Matt and Dionne said...

I am so excited for you! He and Paul will be such cute little buddies!
Why do I have a feeling that this isn't your last pregnancy???:)

Ann or Mike said...

I'm so excited for you!! All that testosterone! It will be fun to see Paul and the new little ones. Good luck with the home stretch! You'll do awesome. I'm excited to see your little helper/mother in action.