Tuesday, March 11, 2008

some good kid music

I got my amazon order today, and in it was this new cd/dvd from They Might Be Giants. They are a cool band, and most of you probably heard of their album "Flood" in the early 90's. (Chris & I actually won a trip to Boston to see them when I was pregnant with Everett.) Anyways, now they are making a lot of fun educational songs for kids. And the coolest part, there is a video to go with each song. So for $12 you get a Cd and a DVD. My kids loved it, and Chris & I actually watched the whole thing tonight, and laughed out loud a couple times.

Oh, and they have weekly podcast for kids, so if your kids got iPods for Christmas, set them up!

Here Come the 123's is the second in the set, the ABC's is good. "No" is their first kid album. . .it has an interactive cd-ROM feature, it's fun games

This is another great kid's cd. It is a bunch of different artist, it's a good one, and it starts with the Muppet's song "Mahna mahna".

So maybe we should all set aside $50 of the economic stimulus and buy your kids some good music. . .



3 comments:

Matt and Dionne said...

Sounds fun! I'll have to check it out the next time we get together.
I love your economic stimulous idea! :)

Wendy A. Jones said...

We hear TMBG on our satellite radio all the time--always have been one of my favorite bands. (I especially like the song "And then there's W!") I'll have to check into purchasing them if they come with videos. Thanks for the tip!

Another great kids' artist is Jim Gill--he's a banjo player with some great songs and funny lyrics.

Wendy A. Jones said...

Sorry, I know I just commented, but I thought of another favorite--his name is Peter Himmelman (I think) and his album "My Green Kite" totally rocks. Rachel will listen to it 24-7 if I let her.