Saturday, May 17, 2008

staying at the Hilton

So the boys had their annual Father's and Sons camp out this weekend. Every year I send them off with all their fun camping outdoor stuff and Anna & I stay at home and do girly things (like painting nails and stuff). Well, this year we were lucky to have an even funner (is that a word) girls night. My friend Laura invited us up to her family's cabin (they're the Hiltons). It was so much fun! I didn't realize how much I needed a vacation, but I did! It was great to just get away from all the moving stuff - boxes, tape, endless phone calls from realtors and mortgage guys. It was like all that stuff was put on hold, for about 20 hours. We had a blast. We made strawberry rhubarb pie, yummy chicken pasta dinner, buttermilk pancakes w/buttermilk syrup (in the morning), and of course ate treats while playing games and just talking. I love late night talks with friends, it's like free therapy!

Here's Laura with her baby Logan, that kid is so dang cute!
Emma & Anna were collecting rocks from our "nature walk"
Anna wanted to start out the "girls night" by putting on every necklace she owns. (Mrs. T)

This was this morning, tired after a long night. (ok, they're pretending)

Thanks Hiltons!

3 comments:

♥jada said...

Hey Kat! Jenny told me about your blog. So, I had to stock it, of course! It has been so long. How are you guys? Your kids are adorable.

Kathleen said...

Jada!
I am so glad you found me. I'm linking right now to your blog. Can't wait to see how you're doing. . .and how many kids you have. . .time flies huh!

Wendy A. Jones said...

So cute, Kathleen. I so can't wait until you get up here! Are you moving the end of the month, or just signing papers?